Monday, January 03, 2005

Two months off coffee

Now that two months have passed since I quit coffee, I realized that coffee was taking quite a bit of my day. Somehow it became a tradition, a no-brainer, something that you don't have to keep figuring out -- it was quite handy, actually.  Coffee in the morning? sure; coffee after lunch? of course; with bagels? coffee; feeling tired? coffee; feeling like you need something warm? coffee; your stomach is a little upset? coffee; meeting with a friend? "what about a coffee?"; very cold day? "let's stop for a coffee"; entering a movie theatre? "let me grab a coffee"; "did somebody make coffee?", "can I get you a coffee?", "how is coffee?", "what kind of coffee?"
So now I have to rethink all these moments, and find an alternative - or simply don't find any alternative. Did I become a little less boring?

No comments:

Post a Comment